- Virgin Life Care will collect, collate, process and/or store, , your information
as contained in your personal folder and/or as obtained from on-line purchases.
This information is generated through your membership with Virgin Life Care and/or
from participating in Virgin Life Care services and/or as a result of an online
purchase made by you and includes, among other things, your personal details, information
on your health condition, and your credit card or bank details ("personal information”).
Besides personal information, Virgin Life Care may also collect information relating
to your use of our website through the Internet.
- Virgin Life Care will and/or may use your personal information to provide you with
the goods and/or services which you have selected, to inform you of any new products
supplied by Virgin Life Care, to inform you of facts relating to your access and
use of Virgin Life Care’s website and to verify your identity when transacting
with Virgin Life Care. Where you have consented (in writing or electronically),
Virgin Life Care may furnish your personal information to other specified persons,
such as your medical aid scheme.
- If there is an agreement between Virgin Life Care and a Corporate through which
you have become a Virgin Life Care member, there may be an agreement between Virgin
Life Care and the Corporate requiring Virgin Life Care to allow the Corporate access
to your personal information. It is up to you to ascertain the arrangement between
Virgin Life Care and the Corporate and to advise Virgin Life Care and the Corporate
if you disagree with the Corporate having access to your personal information. Whenever
possible, Virgin Life Care will depersonalise information about you.
- Virgin Life Care will be entitled to de-personalise your personal information and
make it available to reputable organizations for research and statistical purposes.
In this regard, Virgin Life Care will take all reasonable measures to ensure that
any person receiving the de-personalised information is unable to link it back to
you. You are welcome to request the names of such research organisations from us.
Virgin Life Care owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information
collected and compiled by it.
- In the event that you became a member of Virgin Life Care through your employer's
participation in one of our programmes, we will supply your employer with the same
de-personalised information as mentioned above. Once again, Virgin Life Care will
take all reasonable steps to ensure that your employer will not be able to trace
such information back to you.
- Virgin Life Care will take reasonable measures to delete all your personal information
that has become obsolete. During the time that your personal information is used,
and for a period of at least 1 (one) year thereafter, Virgin Life Care will keep
a record of your personal information and the purpose for which it was collected,
as well as of any person or organisation to which such information was disclosed,
including the date on which, and the purpose for which, the information was disclosed.
- You can access your personal information in your personal folder on our website.
If any of that information is not accurate, you can correct it by sending us the
correct details in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Information
accuracy of information supplied and given.
- Should you decide to end your membership or cancel an agreement for the supply of
goods, we will destroy your personal information on your request.
- You acknowledge and accept that Virgin Life Care cannot take any responsibility
for any of your personal information that is collected outside the scope of this
agreement by any intermediary or other third party whether or not any data, relating
to you, is conveyed through such party's network or computers.
- Virgin Life Care has taken adequate measures to ensure that no unauthorised person
can get access to your personal folder. Among the measures taken is a login requiring
a password and username and a firewall protecting our hosting server. Please note
that you are responsible for keeping your password and username secure from unauthorised
- You give permission that if there is a change of ownership of Virgin Life Care in
the future, that your personal information can be transferred to the new owner,
provided that the new owner will not, in any way, dilute your rights and obligations
been collected before such transfer.
- Your personal information will not be sold, divulged or made available to any third
party except as mentioned in this policy and unless required or permitted by law.
- Although Virgin Life Care will take all reasonable measures to protect your personal
information, should it fail to do so for any reason, then you agree that any claim
you may have against Virgin Life Care will be limited to the amount paid by you
to Virgin Life Care in the 12 (twelve) months preceding such failure.
- You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court in
the Republic of South Africa in respect of any proceedings that may be initiated
by Virgin Life Care arising out of these terms and conditions, provided that Virgin
Life Care shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, to institute such proceedings
in the High Court of South Africa and, in such event, you hereby consent and submit
to the jurisdiction of the said Court.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to the
laws of the Republic of South Africa and, in the event of any conflict between or
inconsistency in the laws applicable in the various provinces in the Republic of
South Africa, the law as applied and interpreted in the Province of the Western
Cape shall prevail.
- Virgin Life Care chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes
under these terms and conditions, whether in respect of court process, notice, or
other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 3rd Floor, MontClare Place,
Cnr Main & Campground Road, Claremont, 7700.
NOTE: Virgin Life Care is the trading name of Virgin Life Care (Pty) Ltd.
Company Registration No: 1999/007457/07
A copy of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/pdf/ElectronicCommunications.pdf