Virgin Life Care Health and Fitness Assessment
Who’s it for?
Anyone who wants an informed, scientifically-based analysis of their eating, exercise and general health habits, so that they know more about the areas where they need to change and/or improve.
What is it?
The 45-60 minute assessment begins with a comprehensive health and fitness questionnaire.
What do I wear for my fitness assessment?
You should wear comfortable clothing, such as tracksuit pants, tights or shorts, a t-shirt and comfortable running or walking shoes. Also, bring a sweat towel as there is a bit of physical activity involved.
What does the assessment focus on?
- Your family and personal medical history;
- Your health habits and lifestyle;
- Your nutrition;
- Your physical activity habits, and
- Your exercise goals.
- Your weight, body mass index, body fat %, blood pressure and waist circumference are measured. To determine your level of fitness, you will be required to do a simple, 12-minute stepping session*. Once your muscles have warmed up, you'll do some flexibility and muscle endurance tests, including crunches and push-ups. You can choose whether you want to do these or not.
When you’re finished, you’ll receive:
- A hard copy report;
- A folder with supporting information; and
- An exercise programme designed around your goals
*If you’re unable to perform the standard step test as a result of a medical condition, there are alternative tests that can be performed – speak to your biokineticist to find out more.
Your results are useful for kick-starting an exercise programme or in seeing how successful your previous programme was. We recommend a follow-up assessment after five months to check your progress.
Just R215.00* per assessment.
* Your insurer may offer special rates and reward you with points for doing an assessment.
Simply book an assessment at your nearest biokineticist.